Monday, October 6, 2014

Artist's Sunday #8: October, an Introduction

For those of you who haven't been with us, I am the Artful White Fox of this place, Twinflame Studios. I craft a post on Sundays (I would say every Sunday, but I am a chaotic creature and it doesn't always work out the way I'd prefer) paying it forward to other artisan crafters out there whose art speaks for itself. If you want more details, find them here. Yes, I know it's not Sunday. Bear with me, as yesterday was the first Sunday in October, and it has been a very long week for your Artful White Fox and her Dragon. I won't bore you with details; that can be for another post. Instead, I'll get right to the fun parts, the artistic inspirations and creations:

Imagine...

October. Warm, spicy apple cider (and/or mulled wine!). Trees shedding their suits of green in favor of gowns in gold and crimson. A chill settling into the wind, in some places already bringing snow. In more southerly climes, it merely heralds a change in what blooms, and what will grow. Animals make a final push toward hibernation, scrounging for the last bits of calories to pile on. Giant, noisy machines begin to harvest fields ripe and ready. Pumpkins and gourds are ripe on the vine (and in our supermarkets!), ready for harvest, for carving, for pies and muffins and anything else you can imagine flavored with pumpkin spice... like the caramel apple cider and pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. I know, I know, they're made with terrible ingredients and not always fair trade... but even your Artful White Fox has her guilty pleasures. Don't hate me.



















Autumn, the time of year when the warmest colors herald the coldest days. What does your autumn look like, feel like, smell like?

1 comment: